Glue had the exciting opportunity to be a part of Slush Tokyo, one of the largest start up and technology events in Asia. The event was held on March 29-30, 2017, at Tokyo Big Sight. The event, which aims at promoting entrepreneurship, gives an exciting platform for start-ups to stage their expertise and improve collaboration with fellow entrepreneurs.
Five take aways from the event
1. Impelling exposure for service platforms: IoT, Health care, Enterprise collaboration software are trending with really innovative products up in the market. Service platform with easy integrations had the advantage of providing demo-service to a large set of startups within the event itself.
2. Exciting arena for Startups: Slush Tokyo brings in VCs, CVCs, Angel Investors, Corporate Executives, Media, General attendees including students. At the moment, no other platform offers such wide range and targeted exposure for early stage tech startups in Japan.
3. Slush Match Making tool: Slush helps connect and schedule meetings for Startups with Investors, Executives and Media with a click of a button. The tool gives you a chance to pitch your startup idea to a potential investor way before the event. It also helps the both sides to prepare slides and business plans beforehand.
4. Growth opportunities for existing industries: Everyone got something from Slush. Startups were able to identify partnerships to expand their market reach. IoT platforms like Pinmicro, Adtech company Ikemu, Enterprise collaboration software MGENCY & Gluemodel had the highest enquiries for partnerships.
5. Global support for startups: StartUp Sauna, Startup Lifers, IBM Blue, Recruit Open Network Lab and many more provide accelerator programs, International skill support, mentoring for startups. All startups, especially early stage startups can make the most out of these programs. Open network lab provides shared office spaces to early stage startups free of cost, 7 week fully funded accelerator program by Startup Sauna in Finland could make a significant change the way you and others see your startup, with the right mentorship from proven investors and entrepreneurs.
And not to forget, the Finnish know how to party and the whole event looked and felt like one. The organizers were really helpful with Antii Sonninen , CEO-Slush seen leading from the front. Slush made sure everyone had a good time providing enough energy drinks, coffee and for sure loads of beer at the after party! If you are a Startup, make sure you don’t miss the Tech-event close to you.